THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Mortal Instruments Trilogy: City of Bones

Wow.
Here's how I ended up reading this book. When I go to the book store, I know what book I am getting before I get there (if I didn't I would never end up with what I needed). However I browse and look for interesting titles to read when I have money to blow. Last time I went to Borders I was looking for INKSPELL, but nearby was the Mortal Instruments Trilogy. I read one cover and was like "That could be cool, but IDK, it might just be weird" I was unsure because I had never heard of it before. Then, a few days ago, I got paid like 25 bucks for a book, so I went to walmart (cheaper there) to get the 4th Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants book, because I have been wanting to read that. But it was out of stock. So I was like, I really want a good book to read (even though I am in the middle of Inkspell, and Ranger's Apprentice 2, I can't get in to them right now so I was bored) so I picked up the first Mortal Instruments book City of Bones. I decided, hey its 8 bucks, I'll get it, and if I don't like it, I still have money for something else, and it's not that bad.
So I bought it.
And I started reading it when I got home.
That was Monday night I think.
I finished it today.
All I can say is WOW.
It is AWESOME.
It has more twists and turns than the TITAN, and keeps you guessing all the way through.
Just when you think you know what is happening, EVERYTHING changes.
The character are written just right, each with a strong personailty of their own, but great as a team too. It is a little dark at points, but there were also times I was laughing so hard I was snorting at the awesome humor (mostly in the form of Sarcasm, you have been warned). These characters could TOTALLY be my friends.
The story is complex and interesting.
I couldn't put it down. I stayed up till 1 a.m. reading because I knew I wouldn't have much time during the day (VBS and babysitting) and I wanted to know what happened so bad it almost hurt to close the book with unanswered questions.
Today I went to WalMart and bought Mortal Instruments Trilogy: City of Ashes
and I had to FORCE myself to get ready for church and do some necessary things (like eat dinner) before I opened it.
But now, it is calling my name, until I emerge
Aloha!

~Meggi~

0 comments: